Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 30 11:27:00 EDT 2002

"Roman Neuhauser" <neuhauser at mail.cz> wrote in message
> > From: "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com>
> > Subject: Re: Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins
> > To: python-list at python.org
> > Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:01:42 GMT
> >
> > Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> >
> > > having spotty knowledge of python
> >
> > that's pretty obvious from your posts.
> >
> > maybe you should spend a little more time learning, and
> > a little less time telling us about your "opinions" on issues
> > you don't really understand?
> >
> > further reading:

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:opG_4HjTnbIC:www.theonion.com/onion3811
/child-rearing_advice.html

>     how does that relate to python or OO?

I  think it actually relates a little more to giving advice on subjects you
confess not to know much about.

If you haven't come across the effbot before, you should know that he tends
to be rude in this way. I think it happened when the parity unit was fitted
to his main memory. Fortunately it does not stop him from being a valuable
source of information on topics Pythonic. Every now and then he jumps out
and bites a poster on the ankles due to simple crotchetiness, and then he
will subside into inactivity once more, contemplating the innards of his
software in silent satisfaction.

going-the-same-way-myself-ly y'rs  - steve