Scripting lanuages for laboratory tests

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Sun Apr 28 08:13:44 EDT 2002

Etta Makwetta wrote:

> Cons: GUI slightly more complicated than Tcl, More to learn, Not support

Python gives you a wide choice of GUI toolkits.  I doubt the "slightly more
complicated" idea applies to all.  PyUi, http://pyui.sourceforge.net/ ,
seems to be _extremely_ simple, as also anygui aims to be; at the other
extreme, PyQt is truly rich and powerful, but not quite as simple as, e.g.,
Tkinter (which I suspect is the one you deem "slightly more complicated"
than Tk -- a disputable claim, IMHO, but that's another issue).

> calling an arbitrary dll
>
> Neither Tcl nor Python supports calling an arbitrary dll.  Tcl supports

http://www.nightmare.com/~rushing/dynwin/calldll-2001-05-20.zip

Alex