ANN: Twisted 0.16.0

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Tue Apr 2 19:05:22 EST 2002

Michal Wallace wrote:

> But I *dont* understand how it has anything whatsoever to do
> with stopping piracy. There's just a huge mental gap.

It would help at this point to quote the intro the 5th edition of the
Prinicipia Discordia (http://www.ology.org/principia/intro5.html):

"""
Perhaps best of all is simply uttering a mondo. That is like picking up
the telephone when it rings and saying, "Wrong number, please!" However
much you think about a mondo it makes no sense - even clamps and pliers
cannot get hold of it. Yet at the same time, if it is a good mondo, the
longer you think about it the more it seems light it ought to make sense
- although you can never figure out why. Beyond that much, a truly great
mondo sticks to your mind like hot pine pitch - gumming up your thought
process for weeks on end.
"""

To read the rest of the PD, I recommend the version at
http://www.principiadiscordia.com

> The arguments I've read so far just makes me think that
> Twisted is going closed source, and that I should therefore
> stop trying to learning it... That would be a big
> disappointment for me, because so far everything I've seen
> in twisted looks great.

Nope, Twisted is and always will be Open Source and/or Free Software,
whichever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

> Is twisted going commercial?

We will gladly take any money you send us - but you can still use it for
free, of course - it's LGPL.