Interacting with other Windoze apps

Johnson, Brad brad-g-johnson at uiowa.edu
Mon Apr 22 16:15:01 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'm a new Python programmer and have a question about "interacting" with
other Windoze applications.  I'd like to send key strokes/characters to an
application window, but have not been able to find any documentation on
this.  Is it possible?  For example, suppose a user has Microsoft Word open.
Is it possible to send an "Alt + F" then an "O" to the Word window to
activate the *F*ile menu and select *O*pen?

Any pointers (and sample code!) would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Brad

Brad Johnson
Department of Pediatrics - Neurology
200 Hawkins Drive, 2505 JCP