Help with Python advocacy and marketing

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Apr 10 00:33:55 EDT 2002

"Stephan R.A. Deibel" wrote:

> * We are collecting user-side advocacy quotes for use in press
>   releases announcing future versions of Python.  If you have
>   a compelling statement about how Python has helped your
>   project or business, this is a great way to help Python and
>   get some media exposure in the process.  We can't guarantee
>   your quote will be used in a press release, but with your
>   permission it will be included on a Python advocacy website
>   that is under development.

Some companies might have difficulty allowing their name to
be used by "just anyone" in the context of Python advocacy.
Can you describe more about the way in which this information
will be distributed, who is represented (is this a Zope Corp
or PythonLabs sponsored endeavour?), and so on?  My company
(not engcorp.com) has so far remained in the closet about
its use of Python and although it would be nice to get
permission to help with a little "XXXX company uses Python
in the following ways..." I know I couldn't begin to get
permission without more background.

> Please direct discussion of this topic to the marketing-python
> mailing list, which can be joined with the URL given above.

Not wishing to subscribe to another list at this time, I'm
hoping you'll respond here instead.

-Peter