Simple text-editor in Python?

kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Sat Apr 27 18:10:54 EDT 2002

Take a look at pyeditor.  It's built on Scintilla and Gtk.  You
will need pyscintilla and PyGtk in order to build it.  You can find
pyeditor at http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman.  (Note: Do not use
WxEditor at that same location.  It doesn't work so good.  It's an
interesting experiment that does not seem to me to be good enough
to be usable.)

Also, I have not yet figured it out yet, but ... cooledit may be
worth looking at.  It is not written in Python, but is extensible
in Python, if that is what you actually want.  There is a link to
cooledit at http://www.python.org/editors/ .

  - Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman