Argh, I give up.

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Fri Apr 26 19:09:36 EDT 2002

Hi y'alls.

I've been playing around with Bloodshed C++, which is an IDE
for C and C++ for Win32, which comes with the MingW32 version
of GCC and friends.

The thing is, I can't get it to make a valid DLL (I'm playing
around with the TkIcon module I found on the net... you know
who you are :-)

It creates an .o file, ready for linking, but Python 2.2's .lib
files seem to be undigestible to the linker, which simply complains
that it can't find any python libraries.

It does come with a lot of it's own libs, which it can find
perfectly. So the question is, What can I do to make MingW32
properly understand python's *.lib files, which are needed for
linking?

Your help is much appreciated.

-gustavo