Python webmail packages?

David Rushby woodsplitter at rocketmail.com
Mon Apr 15 20:14:28 EDT 2002

Paul Rubin <phr-n2002a at nightsong.com> wrote in message news:<7xr8lhb54s.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>...
> Does anyone have a favorite webmail system written in Python?
> Something like Squirrelmail (www.squirrelmail.org) but written in
> Python and hopefully with fewer bugs ;-).  It would be good if it
> talks to an IMAP server like Squirrelmail does, but that's not mandatory.

For what it's worth, Rocketmail (purchased by Yahoo! and transformed
into Yahoo! Mail) was originally written in Python CGI.  I don't know
what portions of the service, if any, are still written in Python.

NotMail is a Zope-based webmail system:
http://www.zope.org/Members/Benno/NotMail2

BoboMail:
http://bobomail.sourceforge.net/

Shicks (I think the web interface is for admin, not accessing the mail
itself):
http://www.p-nand-q.com/shicks.htm

I've never used any of these; I just Googled.