OT: ViM compiled against Python 2.2.1 available?

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Fri Apr 19 22:39:24 EDT 2002

Le 19/04/02 à 09:41, iwk écrivit:
> Hi there,
>
> I've installed Python 2.2.1 on a new Windows 2000 install. The "problem"
> is that ViM 6.1 is compiled against Py2.1 so I cannot use any of the
> integration features I've gotten used to. On Linux I would compile it
> myself, but I don't have access to a compiler on Windows.

Sure you do. Go here: http://www.mingw.org/ where you can find the Best
Compiler [tm] (gcc) for producing native win32 executables.

> Are there versions of ViM6.1 availabe for download which are compiled aginst
> Py2.2.1?

I've just built it (VIM 6.1.18 linked against Python 2.2.1) and made it
available here:

http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/vim/index.html

And yes, I only changed two lines in the Mingw Makefile included in Vim's
source distribution and compiled the whole thing.

For making the installer, a little more was required (the VisVim and GvimExt
stuff only has MSVC makefiles).

I'm using NSIS bzip2 compression again so the whole download is only 2.3 megs.

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 6.0 °C      Wind: 2.0 m/s