problem with extension library

Gary Hughes geh at itga.com.au
Mon Apr 22 20:01:48 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have written an extension library in C++, it works fine when built and
  run on a solaris 2.8 machine with python 2.1.1.

When I build and attempt to use the same library on a solaris 2.6
machine with python 2.1.1 I get the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./t_py_configuration.py", line 31, in ?
     from configuration import *
ImportError: ld.so.1: /opt/pythontest/bin/python: fatal: relocation
error: file ./.libs/configuration.so: symbol __ti7ostream: referenced
symbol not found

The library is build with the same version of g++ (2.95.3) on both
platforms and the library and python are built with PIC.

I have seen a lot of problems similar to this however none quite the same.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

thanks.

Gary.