Anyone need a program written?

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Tue Apr 2 19:15:43 EST 2002

In article <3caa39b1$1 at news.nwlink.com>, jeffbi at jetsoft.com
says...

> I had heard of wxPython (seen it mentioned in various posts here)
> but I hadn't made the connection (doh!) --- I didn't know it was a
> wrapper around wxWindows, I just assumed it was another Win32
> implementation of Python.
>
> Thanks again,

Glad to help.  :)  If you're at all familiar with wxWindows, then
wxPython should make you feel right at home.  It's mostly a
pretty thin wrapper, with some differences due to language
incompatibilities (methods return tuples instead of using
reference parameters, multiple method names stand in for
overloaded versions, and plain functions stand in for static
methods), though some aspects of wxWindows that are already
present in Python are not wrapped (threads, for example).

The wxPython-users mailing list is also *very* informative, and
Robin Dunn (the maintainer of wxPython) puts an amazing amount of
effort into helping people out.

--

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer