ACCEPTED: PEP 285

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Thu Apr 4 11:41:23 EST 2002

On Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:32:52 -0500, Guido van Rossum
<guido at python.org> wrote:

:I believe this problem should be solved by education (the Zen master
:hits the student on the head with a stick, and the student gets
:enlightenment) rather than by holding back what I believe will be a
:useful feature.

As a sometime Python educator, I have a problem with this approach: it
has become rather hard to carry the stick on airplanes, if necessary
to fly to the venue.

I'll have to wander down to the neighborhood stupa and ask the lama
for alternative suggestions.

grin :-)

Mats

Mats Wichmann