Someone using PyGtk

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 2 20:04:03 EST 2002

Jeff Shannon || Tue 02 Apr 2002 01:55:39p:

> In article <3ca9d7d1$1_2 at news.uni-bielefeld.de>, mario at bio58.uni-
> bielefeld.de says...
>
>> wxPython looked good, but it is so damn slow on my machine
>> (PPro 200) even on very small programs (hello - world).
>
> Hm, wxPython seemed to perform adequately for me, on a (Win95)
> P200 with only 64MB RAM.
>
> (Yeah, it's slow, but so is everything *else*, too! ;) )

I use WX too, and it seems that you pretty much pay a fixed price for
importing the modlue, no matter how much you need or how big your program
is. I'd think most other frameworks would have the same problem, an easy
way to tell would be something like:

print "Loading wxPython...",
from wxPython.wx import *
print "done"

... I bet most of your execuation time for a hello world program would be
between those prints.

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com