Is Python Sticky?

Matthew Baulch matt at greenroom.com.au
Wed Apr 10 00:03:29 EDT 2002

ball at righty.eiu-newman.org wrote:

> Hello!
>
> For a while "Learn Python" has been on my list of things to do.  Right
> now I have an application that could use some glue between a web based
> interface (in its simplest form a single page with a couple of buttons
> on it), and a shell script (I'm running NetBSD).  Would Python be
> suitable for this kind of thing?  Are there other pieces of the puzzle
> that I'll need?  Any pointers would be most welcome.
>
> Regards,
>   - Andy Ball.

It sounds to me like python would not be neccessary at all if most of
the work is done with the shell script. If this is the case then my
advice would be to simply use a cgi interface through apache, or
equivalent which would dramatically increase execution speed as the
python interpreter would not need to be loaded unnecessarily.

Good luck!

Cheers,
   matt