Best way to learn Python?

Ken Seehof kseehof at neuralintegrator.com
Sun Sep 23 14:15:13 EDT 2001

> Hi Again, I have read material online from many excellent linux hackers
that
> the best way to learn code is first to read code then write code, and not
> books. Is this true? Are any of you completely self-taught and fluent in
> Python?
>
> Thanks

Reading a book by itself won't help much usually.  I recommend reading a
book with a python interpreter in front of you.  For each new concept, type
something in the interpreter and make sure that you can always predict what
you will get back.  An excellent book for this approach is "Learning
Python".

You can find info on lots of books here: http://www.amk.ca/bookstore/

- Ken Seehof