SWIG: MSVC++ [LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "python21_d.lib"]

Louis Luangkesorn lluang at northwestern.edu
Wed Sep 19 14:54:07 EDT 2001

Thanks for the help so far.  It turns out the principle problem was MS
Visual C++ was not checking the path for swig.exe and the various
libraries.  I've hardcoded all of the various paths (swig.exe and *.swg
locations) in the various option boxes so SWIG is now generating a proper
_wrap.c file.

Now I've run into a new problem.  When I try to link, I get the following
error:

swig
Compiling...
numint.c
cnumint_wrap.c
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "python21_d.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

cnumint.dll - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I searched my Python installation and I don't see a 'python21_d.lib' file
anywhere.  I've already located the 'python21.lib' as a required library.
Where should "python21_d.lib" be located, or is this something I need to
download/write?  Thanks.

Louis

SWIG Version 1.3.7u-20010904-1350
PythonWin 2.1 (#15, Apr 19 2001, 10:28:27) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
--
K Louis Luangkesorn
lluang at northwestern.edu  http://pubweb.nwu.edu/~kll560  PGP:0xF3E2D362