appropriate graphics Lib?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at home.com
Wed Sep 5 00:19:54 EDT 2001

Just realised (I responded to Bob earlier off list saying PyOpenGL should
work) that I should mention OpenGLContext (the testing/demo/learning context
for PyOpenGL).  With the absolute latest version of that (i.e. a CVS version
from today) you could do this by:

Create IndexedFaceset Objects (likely with textures) for each object
Put each IFS inside a Transform object with a name property
Register a mouse-click handler for each name in which you're interested

Then drop the scenegraph into one of the "testing context" objects (see the
tests directory for a raft of samples) and you're off to the races using
GLUT, PyGame or wxPython as your external GUI.

Enjoy,
Mike