Has anyone gotten WMI to work on Win2000? GetObject("WinMgmts.........

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Sep 27 19:47:16 EDT 2001

bwharvey at hotmail.com (BWH) writes:

> I've seen several messages on the group of people trying to get things
> working, but I constantly get Attribute Err.
>
> from win32com.client import GetObject
>
> processes = GetObject("WinMgmts://127.0.0.1/root/cimv2").\
> InstancesOf("Win32_process")
>
> for process in processes:
>     print process.Name

Try:

    for process in processes:
        print process.Properties_('Name')

You can also use _Methods('xxx') to find a particular method.

There was some past discussion on this, and I think the issue is that
if you've run makepy on the object, than only those properties and
methods actually defined in the object library may be used as a direct
attribute of the object, since those are the only ones defined in the
Python wrapper objects.  This is actually where a dynamic binding
would be nicer since it just tries to pass everything through, but
without the makepy you'd probably have some data type problems.

But you can use the Properties_ and Methods_ calls to identify a
property or method using the appropriate enumeration objects at
runtime, and it's not that much extra coding.

--
-- David