Reading from the serial port?

Luis Rojas shadow at codetel.net.do
Sat Sep 29 09:08:25 EDT 2001

Hi All!

I know this is probably a stupid question but how do i read the serial port
or send information to it... i am new at this python stuff and i havent been
able to find anything about serial port programing.

My inquire comes because a few days ago i was checking a router via the
console interface and i thought to write some dumb python aplication to send
the commands and read the answer. In order to do that i need to be able to
open the serial port and cant find any info around. Please Help

Luis R. Rojas