Python a good thing for sysadmins ?

Aurelien aurelien at fractals.be
Thu Sep 6 15:14:08 EDT 2001

Hi list,

I'm new here and for one good reason: I don't know Python, and I'd like
to know more :-)

In fact I already used Python but that was way back before, when I just
wanted to learn programming. In the mean time I've become a professional
java programmer, but now I might need python for sysadmin tasks.

I'd like to know if Python could be used for system administration. And
if there are people out there who use it for that. I noted for instance
that there were no SIG relating to this topic...

Could it be used for example to launch tasks from the cron daemon ?

Thanks in advance,

Aurélien