About Tkinter <<MenuSelect>>?

limodou chatme at 263.net
Wed Sep 12 00:22:51 EDT 2001

Guys:
    I'm learning Tkinter now. And I want to make the Tkinter menu just
like the menu in generic application in Windows. When I'm selecting
menus, the statusbar should show the message attach to the menu. I'v
read the manual of Tk, and found that there is an event <<MenuSelect>>
binding to menu. I decided to use this event. But I could not get
which menu is being selected. I tried to use index('active'), but I
always get None. So I have no idea about this, I want your help.

BTW, because I ran the program in Windows, so I don't know if it will
be right in Linux. Any one have any advice?