Pythonwin and .NET

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Mon Sep 17 07:36:02 EDT 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:39:00 +0200, "Alex Martelli" <aleax at aleax.it>
wrote:

:So maybe we need good marketeers more than we need technical improvements.
:Of course, good marketeers are just as rare in the open source world as
:they are in the world at large;-).

Sadly true.

I've run up against this problem.  Some of you know I wrote a Python
course for one of the largest technical training houses. They've been
unable to market/sell it effectively: the audience they do know how to
reach does not appear to know what Python is, and it ends there:
frankly I don't think our organization has the skill/interest to
actually "market" it, if it's in the catlog and somebody asks for it
we'll take the order.  So there's clearly a large part of the world
that knows nothing about Pythion. In other classes I teach
(UNIX/Linux) I often mention Python and it's rare if more than 10% of
the students have even heard of it.

Mats Wichmann