ConfigParser

HariNam Singh hsingh at elite.com
Thu Sep 13 13:00:03 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm new to Python.

The ConfigParser (Python version 2.1.1) doesn't allow '$' signs to be in the
option name. This clashes with my desired use of it, because there have to
be '$' signs in the option name.

It was pretty simple to change the ConfigParser to make this work. There is
a regular expression used to parse the options. So, I just added a '$' in
'strategic place ;-)'

1. Is there a reason, why '$' are not allowed in the option name.
2. If not, how can I make the change go into the python distribution? I
haven't submitted anything to an open source project yet. It would be very
nice for me to have this patch included in Python, so that Python
installations don't have to be patched to work with my code.

Thanks a lot,
HariNam