How to parse XHTML with xml.parsers.xmlproc?

Paavo Hartikainen pahartik at sci.fi
Sun Sep 16 23:37:00 EDT 2001

I managed to understand enough of the xml.parsers.xmlproc to feed data
to it.  File I am trying to parse is valid XHTML but I have not
managed to make my xmlproc.XMLProcessor to parse according to correct
DTD in file "DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd".

These are the errors that parsers gives:

  fatal: End tag for 'head' seen, but 'meta' expected
  fatal: End tag for 'html' seen, but 'meta' expected
  fatal: Premature document end, element 'meta' not closed

I am sure it is just because it does not know XHTML DTD.  What does it
try to parse against anyway if no DTD is defined?  Is there some kind
of default XML DTD?

Maybe this whole XML thing is just too complicated for me and I should
find something else to play with...

--
 "pienena   /  Paavo "Rainbow Rat" Hartikainen
  minusta  /  E-mail: pahartik at sci.fi
  tulee   /  URL: http://www.sci.fi/~pahartik/
  rotta" /  EFnet: pahartik at #Atari and #LionKing