Does there exist a Python-to-Perl translator ?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Sep 27 12:14:42 EDT 2001

"Weet Vanniks" <No at Spam.Please> wrote in message
news:3BB31597.96BFE8B7 at Spam.Please...
> You don't get my point. Managers do want to see Perl code. What I want is
> benefit from the productivity of Python, get something working and then
> satisfy my manageer with a Perl solution.

Well, I've come across some wrong-headed management strategies in my time,
but this looks like a wrong-headed technical strategy.

You would be much better advised not to use Python if your management
dictates that Perl is required. Otherwise the programmers who are posted to
maintain your code will get some very bizarre programs to work on. It's too
simplistic to expect a mecanical translation to be meaningful to human
programmers. If you are going to program in Python, why take the risk of
transforming the Python into some other labguage. Don't you think that
process might, just possibly, introduce the odd bug here or there?

if-they-want-perl-give-them-it-until-you-can-find-a-new-job-or-change-their-
minds-ly y'rs  - steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/