references/pointers in Python?

Cliff Wells logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 12 15:06:06 EDT 2001

On Wednesday 12 September 2001 10:09, you wrote:

> And does this all mean that I should move on to Perl or any other
> language, if I need effective implementation of references :) ?

Without knowing more about the problem you are trying to solve, it is
difficult to say, but if you try and program in Python as if you are
programming in Perl (or C or any other language), then you will probably not
be using the most efficient method.  I wonder if you really need references
or if there is a more "Pythonish" way of accomplishing your goal.

--
Cliff Wells
Software Engineer