Tkinter Questions

Janos Blazi jblazi at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 29 15:39:44 EDT 2001

(1)
It would be nice to have a big (or better long) button that does different
things depending on which side of the button has been clicked, the left side
or the right side.
As this is obviously not possible, I could replace it with:

BUTTON LABEL BUTTON

abd the buttons should be labeled with small black arrows to the left and to
the right. I am thinking of the buttons in a counter widget for example. How
can I get such buttons as standalone buttons?

(2)
I have asked this questions already but received no answer. I have noticed
that if I display the CounterDialog megawidget, the widget is first drawn in
the upper left corner
before it is resized and displayed at a different (final) place. I see a
very short flash on the screen and it *is* disturbing. Here is my code:

    z=Pmw.CounterDialog(ew.root,label_text='Maximale Rohpunktzahl
(10-100):',
   counter_labelpos='w',entryfield_value=`rp`,
   counter_datatype='numeric',
   entryfield_validate={'validator':'numeric','min':2,'max':100},
   buttons=('OK','Abbrechen'),defaultbutton='OK',
   title='Maximale Rohpunktzahl')

z.component('counter').component('entryfield').component('entry').configure(
 width=3)
    z.tkraise()

    result=z.activate()
    if result=='OK':