Small proram troble

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Mon Sep 3 19:59:13 EDT 2001

On 3 Sep 2001, Patio87 wrote:

> I have a problem with this simple program but im very new to python and this is
> the biggest program i have written. Now I think the problem is the while loop
> but im not sure if someone could take a look at this it would be apprecitaed

Yikes. Here's my fixed version:

---
choice = 0

def print_options():
  print "Options:"
  print "'1' Print Options"
  print "'2' Add numbers"
  print "'3' Subtract numbers"
  print "'4' Multiply number"
  print "'5' Divide number"
  print "'6' Exit"

while choice != 6:
  print_options()
  choice = raw_input("What would thou like to do?")
  if choice == "1":
    print_options()
  elif choice == "2":
    add = input("What number would you like to add?")
    add2 = input("What other number do you want to add?")
    print "The awnser is", add + add2
  elif choice == "3":
    sub = input("What number do you want to subtract?")
    sub2 = input("What 2nd number do you want to subtract?")
    print "Your awnser is,", sub + sub2
  elif choice == "4":
    mul = input("What number do you want to multiply")
    mul2 = input("What 2nd number do you want to multiply")
    print "Your multiplicated number is", mul * mul2
  elif choice == "5":
    div = input("What is your dividend?")
    div2 = input("What is your numerator?")
    print "Your awnser is", div/div2