Threads in Solaris?

Georg Lohrer GeorgLohrer at gmx.de
Sat Sep 29 03:10:08 EDT 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:01:42 -0000, jwray at mifund.com wrote:

>I wrote a threaded app on my win2k box, not realizing that threads
>weren't part of the standard python install. Now that i want to
>install my code on a solaris box it complains that it doesn't have
>thread.py. I would copy the one from my win2k box, but it imports
>win32, which I'm sure wouldn't work out.
>
>So my question is, where can I get a threading module for solaris?
>I've read off verious sites that one exists, but I haven't been able
>to find it for download.

First of all, I've made the Solaris-stuff from scratch out of the
tar.gz-source-archive file (Python-2.1.tgz) and threading is running
very well. Compiling was not as easy as within Linux, but that's
caused by our equipment.

I don't know whether it might be possible or even senseful only
copying threading.py to another system, because most of these moduls
rely on underlying C-modules. And even if you copy these modules, too,
they won't run under Solaris, do they.

Ciao, Georg