Best book on Python?

Ian Bolton boltoni8 at cs.REMOVE_THIS.man.ac.uk
Wed Sep 19 15:46:35 EDT 2001

Hi,

(I looked at the FAQ and the answer to this was very old, so I am asking
directly.)

I am based in the UK and have read about a quarter of a borrowed copy of
Programming Python 1st edition.  Now that I am back at uni and no longer
have access to the other book, I am gonna have to buy one.  I've looked at
Programming Python 2nd edition and it looks good, but is it the best one out
for an beginner-intermediate programmer?  (My Python experience is limited
to about 10 weeks worth of programming.)  Also, where's the cheapest place
to get hold of PP2, or whatever you recommend?

Cheers,

Ian