[Job offer] Python Software Engineers

Ralph Heinkel rh at cenix-bioscience.com
Fri Sep 14 07:42:26 EDT 2001

THREE POSITIONS FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS AVAILABLE

Cenix BioScience GmbH is a biotechnology company located in Dresden,
Germany, and we are focused on the discovery and validation of target
genes and drugs in the field of anti-cancer research.  During the last
year we have built our own multi / cross-platform LIMS (Laboratory
Information Management System) almost totally based on Open Source
software: Linux, Python, wxPython, Zope, PostgreSql, etc. Our LIMS is
used to coodinate, plan, document, and evaluate biological/genomic
data as well as images/movies recorded on light microscopes.

We are seeking three motivated developers for our IT team. The ideal
candidate has
 - Strong Python development skills
 - He/she should have extensive experience in some of the following:
         * wxWindows / wxPython
         * SQL (PostgreSql, Sybase) plus Python adapters
         * XML (Parsing/Generation)
         * distributed objects
         * Zope
         * Camera/video devices, quicktime, image processing
 - Linux/Unix experience is an asset, MacOS X a plus
 - Ability to communicate with scientists to understand and implement
   their needs
 - Strong software design and architecture capabilities

As we are a multi-national crew the official language in our company
is English.  Since our web site is still a bit under construction
please contact Patricia Kelly at recruit at cenix-bioscience.com to receive
more information about us, or directly submit your application.

Sincerely

Ralph Heinkel

Ralph Heinkel                  Cenix Bioscience GmbH
IT-Unit Director               Tel  : +49 351 210 1310
Pfotenhauerstr. 108            Fax  : +49 351 210 1309
01307 Dresden, Germany         eMail: rh at cenix-bioscience.com