Why so few Python jobs?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Mon Sep 24 09:44:53 EDT 2001

Neil Hodgson <nhodgson at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>    Unfortunately, the increased productivity we achieve with Python means
> that there is often no need to hire any more developers after your first
> Pythonista ;)

Also, those who use Python (or Linux, for that matter) know what they
are doing, simply because they have to.  So, they don't need to hire
just "bodies" to do technical support or maintenance.  This means that
the available jobs are only for experts.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
8 CPU cluster, (Slackware) Linux, Python, LaTeX, Vim, Mutt, Sc.