Python Path Regsitry settings V2.0 v V2.1b1?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri Sep 21 05:29:39 EDT 2001

"Owen F. Ransen" <ransen_spam_me_not at nemo.it> wrote in message
news:3baaf7ce.139614 at news.newsguy.com...
> Has the way Python looks up registry settings for its
> path changed between 2 and 2.1 changed?
>
> For 2.0 I added two keys under
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Python\\PythonCore\\2.0\\PythonPath\\
>
> with values for the directories I wanted to add.
>
> This does not seem to work with 2.1b1...

Why are you using 2.1b1, a beta-test release of many
months ago?  Or do you mean 2.1.1, the latest stable
release?  For the latter, I do have an entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Python\\PythonCore\\2.1\\PythonPath\\
with both a default value (;-separated directories)
and subkeys (named Pythonwin, win32, and win32com in
the case of my machine) each of which has a default
value of ;-separated directories -- just like it used
to be in 2.0, right?

Alex