No spam in books

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Mon Sep 17 04:33:57 EDT 2001

"Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams" <ignacio at openservices.net> wrote in message
> >   What I meant was, wich library do you think the Python community
> > needs? Or do we need a new one...
>
> Well, the way I usually do it is to find a problem that I need to solve,
the
> write the code necessary to solve it. Not the other way around.

We're supposed to make it *LOOK* that way, yes, but, hey, deep
down many of us aren't driven by *application needs* in tinkering
with tools.  At least, I know I am not, and I've known many other
geeks who feel the same.  The tools are the FUN part -- pity we
have to justify the tools' existence by looking for problems
they will help solving!-)

Alex