static and dynamic library ?

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Tue Sep 11 15:12:27 EDT 2001

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Armin Samide wrote:

> Everything is ok until this point but if I try to execute this program at
> the first sight everything is working fine, but later I reconized that my
> little program only works if it find the dll python21.dll .
> Without this dll nothing happens after starting the program.
> So what do I have to do if I want to create a standalone executable not
> depending on any library ?

You can't create standalone interpreters on Win32. Not yet, at least.

It has to do with how extensions written in C work. Under Win32 they can't
link back to the executable with quite a bit of work.

There has been some discussion about fixing this, but nothing has happened as
of yet.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio at openservices.net>