2.2a3 compile fails with __retval error

Bruce Sass bsass at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri Sep 14 13:05:00 EDT 2001

On 14 Sep 2001, Martin von Loewis wrote:
> Bruce Sass <bsass at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> writes:
>
> > Anyone know how to fix it?
>
> With gcc, you should not compile strdup. For some reason, configure
> has failed to determine that your C library has a strdup implmentation.
> Could it be that you had an old config.cache before invoking configure?

No, I had rm-ed config.cache before the configure that immediately
preceeded make; but it is/was something I did with configure.

It looks like it was a bad idea to see what:
--with-{signal-module,cycle-gc,pymalloc,fpectl} would do.
If I leave those options off it seems to be working...
is that `not surprising', or is `something funny going on' ?

- Bruce