connect to website providing login & pwd

-:fs fs at floSoft.net
Sun Sep 30 10:08:40 EDT 2001

1.) to JANKO

manage_main brings the same result

V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V

>>> status = 401
reason = Unauthorized

Server: Zope/Zope 2.3.1 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
ZServer/1.1b1
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:23:39 GMT
WWW-Authenticate: basic realm="Zope"
Bobo-Exception-File: P:\floSoft\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py
Bobo-Exception-Type: Unauthorized
Bobo-Exception-Line: 588

V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V

"no authorization header found"

i think my problem is to provide a correct authorization (login, pwd)

"Janko Hauser" <jhauser at ifm.uni-kiel.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:87adzdf5ba.fsf at lisboa.ifm.uni-kiel.de...
> Have you tried to call manage_main instead of manage? This is normally
> the way if you try to look up Zope without a frame-capable browser.
>
> HTH,
> __Janko

2.) to GERHARD

print
urllib.urlopen("http://admin:myadminpasswd@localhost:8080/manage").read()

WORKS FINE with my zope (test)server

when i try to automate asking my internet-provider for my traffic until now
i get the following login-window

V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V

<form method="POST" action="accounting.cgi">

</form>

V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V  V

i want to provide now this "login" and "passwort" programmatically
of course to react to the answer ("danger - you are surfing to much this
month ;-)

this is a special example,
but the job to put authorization information to a webpage must be a very
common task

hmm,

thx for your answers (until now and further)

steindl friedrich, vienna
             (-:fs)