New Electromagnetic Codes in Python/ AnimaBob

Rob roblytle at ieee.org
Wed Sep 26 13:50:02 EDT 2001

In <3BB198DB.26CB393E at mac.com>, jorjun wrote:

> I would like to see some educational simulations of stuff..looks v.
> interesting.
>
> can someone provide a pointer on getting animabob working on a Mac -
> OS9::Python 2.1?
>
> Pete
> Rob wrote:
>>
>> I have a number of new EM Codes written in Numeric Python on my page
>> www.members.home.net/europax.
>>
>> These are small programs meant to be used as learning tools for
>> Numerical Python and/or EM Simulation.  Most of them output movie
>> frames of the E field that can be viewed with the Animabob program.  Of
>> special interest to Amateur Radio Enthusiasts is the vertical program
>> that simulates a vertical antenna above a raised ground plane.
>>
>> Rob.

Hi Pete,  Are you using the latest XFree86  4.10?  If so I had to hack
the makefile in FreeBSD to get it to compile.  It turns out that the
latest X also includes OpenGL which conflicts with Mesa or OpenGL
packages installed as extras.

What I really wish for is a viewer in Python.  Unfortunately, I think its
beyond my Python expertise.   If we had one, then Windows users could
also use it.  As it is now, only Unix type OS's can be used for the
viewer.

Rob.