Why so few Python jobs?

Kemp Randy-W18971 Randy.L.Kemp at motorola.com
Mon Sep 24 09:14:04 EDT 2001

Probably because companies are using other tools, and have not looked
seriously into the merits of Python.  Now Microsoft has the lion's share,
and will push their own languages: Visual C++, Visual Basic, etc.  To
counter this, Sun Microsystems has partnered with other big fish, such as
Oracle and IBM, to push a Java solution.  And other languages, such as Perl,
have been in the right place at the right time.  So for a company to look at
alternatives, especially when they have a lot invested in a language
solution, needs some strong convincing.  I am not saying it is right -- but
that's how things are right now.