large class hierarchies in python

Justin Dubs jtdubs at eos.ncsu.edu
Mon Sep 10 06:13:53 EDT 2001

Thank you.  Great ideas.  I'll pass on Miranda for now then.

Dylan looks mediocre.  Nothing that shook my world.  Interesting though.

OCaml for some reason just doesn't "do it for me."  Not sure why.  I'll
check out it's feature-set though.

Mozart on the other hand, look interesting.  As does Haskell.  I've always
thought about learning SML, maybe I'll check that one out too.

Oh, and as an aside, I've decided that I'm not thrilled with Eiffel either.
It seems like it has lots of interesting features, but that they would take
so much effort to use well that most programmers wouldn't bother.  And if
you don't bother with the pre/post-conditions then why bother with Eiffel.
But maybe I'll change my mind.

Thank you all for the great advice.  If anyone else knows of some languages
with anything radical about them, let me know.  Thanks guys,

Justin Dubs