Off-topic: hiding your email address - don't bother...

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Sun Sep 30 04:23:57 EDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 03:29:33AM -0400, Peter Hansen wrote:
> I'm curious how much it might help.  I have used no hiding techniques
> and within a few minutes after *every* posting (possibly with the
> odd exception, but I don't think so) I get a single spam message from
> some random account.  Later on I get others.  Does this happen to others?

   I am on thye Net since 1993, and I am in c.l.py since 1994. Most of
addresses I had been using are still receiving or forwarding mail for me. I
am getting a LOT of spam :( I filter it using Spam Bouncer
(www.spambouncer.org, clever procmial filter), and I complin about remaining
spam using free service at SpamCop.Net. I even wrote Python progrm for
SpamCop: http://spamcop.net/reporter.py.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru