Freezing Jython PY scripts

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Sun Sep 2 11:32:32 EDT 2001

On Sun, 02 Sep 2001 04:43:17 GMT, "Maan Hamze" <mmhamze at pleiades.net>
wrote:

:I need to be able to create a Jython compiled JAR file that can be run on a
:PC without Jython on it.
:With Test.py I am compiling with
:  jythonc -j Test.py
:to create Test.jar
:I have the classpath set correctly to '.' and jython.jar is included in the
:classpath through jythonc.  And jython is using jave.exe from the Sun JRE.
:However when I run Test.jar:
:java -jar Test.jar
:I am getting the error message due to a class not found:
:org.python.core.PyObject
:what am I doing wrong?

There's a freeze utility in the Jython tools directory that may help
with the question you started this message with. I have no experience
with it.  As a tip, if you head over to the jython-users mailing list,
you'll find lots of folks willing and able to help, and I know this
topic comes up from time to time.  You can sign up by following the
Jython project page at jython.sourceforge.net.
Mats Wichmann