The $HOME of Windows.

Curtis Sandoval csandoval at fourthought.com
Fri Sep 21 10:34:08 EDT 2001

One possibility for this is the %USERPROFILE% variable which should be set
in the system environment.  This will map to the 'Documents and
Settings\username' directory on NT5 and the '\Profiles\username' on NT4,
which are functionally equivalent directories.  Win95, 98, etc are not
really designed for multiple user capability, so you if you want to support
these operating systems you will probably want to just put your config
settings in 'Program files\programname\username' to be more universal.  This
will also work on NT4 and NT5, so this may simplify your task.