How to configure and install Python

Ken Jacobs tekwrite at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 21 22:57:01 EDT 2001

Hi all,
I ended up re-installing Linux as somehting got trashed and it would not
boot up anymore. I took John's advice and used the Workstation option even
though this is on a laptop. The GOOD news is that thanks to all this great
help I got the Python installed. The BAD news is that at the command line
when I type Python, it still shows version 1.5.2 even after a re-boot (I
installed the latest version 2.2a3, I think). Any clues? The new version is
in a directory below /user/src. Does it have something to do with the PATH?

news:1radzown84.fsf at video.bsd.uchicago.edu...