Proxy question using sample code from www.nightmare.com

Laurent Szyster laurent.szyster at q-survey.be
Wed Sep 5 06:15:35 EDT 2001

Wayne wrote:

> I'm experimenting with the sample code on the Medusa web site at
> www.nightmare.com and have used their basic proxy example.  However,
> when I use this code it always appears to cut off the bottom portion
> of any image and it can take a while for the image to load properly.
>
> My guess is that the last part of the picture is timing out before
> being sent to the browser and not being shown.  But is purely a guess
> and I'm still trying to figure out why.

It is probably a buffering problem. Have a look at how Medusa handles
the end of a request. My guess is that the last portion of the image
is in your Medusa buffer and is not sent to your browser because the
request and its channel were not "closed", hence buffer flush never
triggered.

> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm completely lost on
> this.

Asynchronous I/O _is_ tricky ;-)

Laurent Szyster