Python and Zope

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Sun Sep 9 01:10:03 EDT 2001

   "Bauer, Georg" <bauer at gws.ms> sent me this letter:

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:49:45 +0200
From: "Bauer, Georg" <bauer at gws.ms>
To: 'Oleg Broytmann' <phd at phd.pp.ru>
Subject: AW: Zope Proxy Cache Manager

Hi!

> http://www.zope.org/Members/xgwsbae/ZopeProxyCacheManager you said
> "enable us to server multimillion hit systems". Can you
> provide URLs for
> these systems?

The biggest system ist http://www.tec24.com/, another one is
http://www.raiffeisen.com/. Both are built with  Zope, but since the
customer didn't want us to put the Zope logo on those pages, I didn't
mention them for the zope resources page. Tec24 has 1 million page views per
month, the hit count is about 3.5 million per month. Estimated SQL
transactions per month are 2.5 million (several pages are built by more than
two SQL transactions). It currently uses standard caching, but will be
switched to Zope Proxy Cache Manager within the next weeks, as we hit the
limit of the machine with standard caching (I use the RAM Cache Manager With
Age currently).

bye, Georg

Oleg.
----