Why not 3.__class__ ?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 25 16:46:19 EDT 2001

    >> The float type will be subclassable in the future (if not already
    >> today in 2.2a3), at which point floating point numbers could indeed
    >> have attributes that begin with the letter 'e' or even an attribute
    >> named 'e17'.

    Ignacio> Yeah, but how do you name a variable '3'?

You don't, but I wasn't thinking that far ahead... ;-)

Still, placing an arbitrary restriction on the attribute names of integers
because floats can be written as

    int dot 'e' number

seems a bit "bizarre", even though you're not likely to run into that at any
point in the near future.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/