Type Casting...

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 18 15:25:15 EDT 2001

Quoth David In VA <me at mindspring.com>:
| I have a variable that is storing a numeric value.  I need the string
| representation of that value.  I would imagine type casting would be the
| thing to use.  can someone please tell me how to do this in Python?

I see everyone has assumed that you were totally off track and
really wanted to render the number in decimal or whatever notation,
which I suppose is probably the case.

If you actually wanted a string with the same bit value, as you might
get with a type casting operation in another language, that bit value
will have to be copied to a string anyway - Python doesn't type cast
like that.  You can use struct.pack(), like struct.pack('!l', n)

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu