Python a good thing for sysadmins ?

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Fri Sep 7 09:05:06 EDT 2001

> "Aurelien" <aurelien at fractals.be> wrote in message
>
> > I'd like to know if Python could be used for system administration. And
> > if there are people out there who use it for that.

Yes, Python is nearly ideal for system administration.
We use it extensively and it even saved us from security troubles
("../../../etc/passwd%00"-exploit, Perl CGI-scripts are so vulnerable to).

Also, sysadmins tend to write-and-forget. With Python, it is easier to
remember what was the idea behind scripts written N years ago ;-)

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
--
 - Petrozavodsk - Karelia - Russia - mailto:rnd at onego.ru -