idea: Robocode for Python

C. Porter Bassett porter at et.byu.edu
Wed Sep 12 12:15:06 EDT 2001

Martin Franklin <martin.franklin at westgeo.com> wrote in message news:<9nn896$2niu$1 at mail1.wg.waii.com>...
> C. Porter Bassett wrote:
>
> >> Looks like some naming problem. I don't know how this is handled with
> >> jython. As said above in java you usualy write one public class per file
> >> and the file must have the name of the class + '.java'. The Java compiler
> >> produeces then a file with the class name + '.class'. I think jython
> >> should create a file named pyrobot.class in your case.
> >>
> > Yes, I get files called pyrobot.java, pyrobot.class, and
> > pyrobot$_PyInner.class.
> >

> You may need the jython.jar file in your class path before runnind the
> compiled 'jython' code. You may also need the jpywork directory in the
> class path.

I have all of those in my CLASSPATH.  Are you sure that it's something
happening at run-time?  Are you pretty confident that it doesn't have
anything to do with the two errors that I get when I compile?  I get
an error for each method I put into my class.  Here are those errors:

warning: jfindattr(org.python.core.PyProxy,java.lang.String) in
org.python.core.Py has been deprecated
        PyObject inst = Py.jfindattr(this, "onScannedRobot");
                          ^
.\jpywork\pyrobot.java:110: warning:
jfindattr(org.python.core.PyProxy,java.lang.String) in
org.python.core.Py has been deprecated
        PyObject inst = Py.jfindattr(this, "run");